Thursday, May 29, 2008

Loopy Ewe = Heaven

I went to a yarn shop for the first time today. I wanted to buy the entire store--at least the part I wasn't allergic to. Walking into the store was like being drenched in a rainbow: intense blues, perfect periwinkles, etc. Fortunately, I have a rule. After scrapbooking for years during high school and college, I've determined that I'm not allowed to buy anything that I don't have specific plans for. I bought too much paper, stickers, and accessories during the past few years that were cute, gorgeous, or that I just "had to have", and yet I NEVER USED THEM. NO MORE!

I was very productive (read I spent a lot of money) while at Loopy Ewe's. I found a pattern for beginner lightweight socks, DPNs (read double point needles), and, my favorite, sock yarn for Dave's first socks. This store carries so many options in yarn, and I was almost overwhelmed. It was great being able to feel things that I could otherwise only see online. It gave me a better idea of what I was and wasn't allergic to.

I started playing with my new yarn and DPNs already. I'm too scared to actually start knitting the socks, so I'm practicing using insanely tiny needles and the thinnest yarn I've ever used.

1 comment:

The Wehrmeister's said...

You could make me something in the meantime. Hmmm.... Something super cool. Think about it K?