Sunday, May 25, 2008

Knitting

I decided around Valentine's Day that I was going to learn to knit. I can now officially cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. Anything else is quite daunting and beyond me. I have made 2 1/2 dish cloths and 1/56th of a blanket.

I am about to begin knitting D a pair of socks. This was actually the whole reason behind the learning-to-knit idea. D's previous girlfriend knitted him 3 or 4 pairs of socks. He loves them--a little too much--and would wear them for days at a time if I would let him. The only problem is that they are beginning to wear out a bit. Now, rather than buy him socks that are handmade, it would be easier/cheaper for me to do this. Wish me luck, this should be interesting.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations, hope the socks are a success.

I've just taught my 9 year old son to knit and your mention of dishcloths and just given me an idea of something he can make.

I remember making dishcloths-in fact I still have one-but I would practise different stitches on them. My poor mum was never quite sure what she was going to get.