Hubby is at home (my mom's that is) now after surgery yesterday. He had a herniated disc in his back fixed. In case you ever wonder, my husband is a handful. He had all of the nurses eating out of his hand and laughing.
When he was in pre-op, they had him take off his wedding ring. The surgery RN came up to him, and Dave automatically blurts out, "Just so you know, I'm taken."
The nurse assured him that she was also taken. He then went into a stand up comedy routine. My husband is just cute.
After he was out and just about ready to go, Hubby got in the wheelchair. Rather than waiting for the nurse that was going to take him out, he starts wheeling around and toward the door. While I'm trying to stop him to wait, he starts ramming the door with his wheelchair yelling, "JAIL BREAK!" The nurses ran over, laughing their heads off. D then charmed an ICEE out of the nurses before going.
He's doing okay now, but I'll be happier in a couple of days.
It is funny that neither D nor I can really take care of ourselves at this moment. I still have my vertigo/vestibular migraines, etc. We went on a walk this morning, leaning on each other. We looked like we were 70. I guess we can start practicing now.
1 comment:
Sounds like he's got a great sense of humor.
I'm sorry to hear you've both been sick. Rough times. I hope you both feel better soon.
Post a Comment