Woohoo! I am so happy! I went to the doctor (otonyrologist, or something) yesterday and now have a diagnosis (or at least a tenative one). Apparently, I may have vestibular migraines. Basically, instead of having a constant headache I have restricted bloodflow that causes me to lose my balance/feel like the room is spinning.
The good part of all of this is that I have finally found a doctor with whom I can communicate. He's ordering more testing (he wants to do a more thorough test of my ear to rule that out). In the meantime, he'd like me to reduce the processed foods, chocolate, and cheese in my diet. Sigh. No more lean pockets--although they taste like cardboard, it's good, cheesy cardboard. He's also having me try vestibular therapy.
The sad part, besides the diet and therapy, there's not much I can do to control this. There is no magic pill. There are medications I could try, but since Dave and I are going to try to begin increasing the size of our family shortly, there's nothing that is safe during pregnancy. Also, I may take 6-12 months to get better.
Last piece of good news: I should be ready to teach by this August!
No comments:
Post a Comment