Today I return to school during the school day for the first time in six weeks. Before this, I have been slipping in and out like a thief in the night (morning). Hubby would take me at 6 a.m., and I would pick up completed work and leave sub plans, books, supplies, etc. Today is the end-of-year picnic and yearbook signing party for the eighth-graders. I want to go and say goodbye to my kids in an unstructured atmosphere. I'm also going in tomorrow, but I want to be able to talk and chat today. Tomorrow will have to be a bit more structured since it's the last day of school.
I have to admit: I'm scared. I have a bad habit of getting sick when I go out in public. If I walk too much, turn too quickly, stand too long, talk too much, I make the most horrendous noise that sounds like I'm barfing--probably because I'm about to. Ick. My mom is coming with me so that I can leave whenever I want. I kinda feel like I'm IN middle school again. I feel sheepish that my mom's coming--like when your mom or dad chaperoned a field trip: you're happy they're there, but you don't want to admit it, nor do you want to admit the fact that you need them.
Dave has his preoperation appointment today. As happy as I am that he's able to get surgery so quickly (he went to his neurologist the first time last Friday), I wish that he didn't have to have it at all. Luckily, it's outpatient surgery, and he has a skilled doctor that he likes. However, the surgery is to fix a herniated disc. They're playing with his spine. ACK! He has to sign this waver stating that he understands that he could be paralyzed, lose functions of different body parts, etc. It scared both him and me to death.
Anyway, wish us both luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment