I woke up this morning, went to the gym, and exercised. Hurrah to a bright new day! I went a whole 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and felt like I could it again. On second thought, though, I decided that I didn't want to overdo it on the first day, so I got off. The minute my feet touched the floor, my legs turned into jello. (Trite, but true) I wobbled my way out the doors, took a shower, and still felt like I could meet the world. Miracle!
After my shower, off I went to the library for my weekly pilgrimage. I got a whole new installment of books to last me through long waits for flights, longer airtime, etc. I always pray for buried book treasure, and today I found it. I believe I found an unread Barbara Michaels and a previously undiscovered Agatha Christie (my tastes run toward brain candy and mysteries).
I actually made it to school and was productive, too. I rearranged my bookcases based on genre (Wohoo!) I worked on the communal puzzle (fast finisher). I almost worked on my lesson plan for Monday (I finished that this evening.) I spent most of the time listening to a book on tape. The title of the book is something like King of Shadows or Shadow King; it's by Susan Cooper. In between tapes, I transferred back to my car and started the long journey home.
I have very little memory of what I did with the rest of my day. I think I spent it reading, watching one of the Matrix movies on T.V. (last time roommate and I had been watching it and had been interrupted). That's about it. Except for the pumpkin pie.
Yep. pumpkin pie, and not even Thanksgiving yet. I went to Macey's for either fruit or fat (I wasn't quite sure at the time which, preferably both). I left Macey's with frozen veggies, nerds, laffy taffy, lite cool whip, and a pumpkin pie. How do I do these things? (Noone knows.)
Anyway, luckily I've had help eating said pie and am now off to bed. Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment