Friday, November 18, 2005

24 Hours of Fitness

Last Night
So . . . guess who just joined a fitness club. Yep, me. Last night, on the way home from school, I saw a sign boasting $0 enrollment fee (an exaggeration at best). However, the sign and my high cholesterol were catalysts to get me inside the club.

Once inside, I met J. Yes, helpful sales associate (although here I think they have some fitness-related name) J. is the only boy I've met who reminds me completely of my ex-boyfriend, the one from Southern California. J. proceeded to tell me all about the different fitness solutions they had available, etc., etc. I let him go on for what seemed like FOREVER, and finally, I asked him how much all this would cost. (I think I caught him off guard.) He asked if I would like to tour the facilities. I told him that I wanted to go over pricing. Now. He suggested that if I looked around first, I would realize the value the price was later. I told him I wanted to know the prices. Now. I explained that I realized that policy was probably to tour first, tell the consumer the cost later, but I didn't care. I also promised to stay for the tour. (This seemed to make him feel a little better.) Finally, I got what I wanted. We went over price options and payment plans, and I got to think about all of this while I went on the tour.

Of course, after all of this, I was a bit tired, but the experience continued. Oh, yes. Next, I decided to get the plan that included 5 personal trainer visits. Over the long run, it's a better deal. We worked out payment, which means I'll still be paying for my personal trainer in January (by which time I hope to be seeing major/minor results). We finally got everything set (a guy came over to help J. two times), and off we went to the cash register. The cash register was another annoying, time-wasting endeavor. J. somehow set the amount I would pay tonight as $40/$50 more than I had wanted to. At that point though, it was worth the money to leave the club. Did they engineer the whole thing to make me want to pay more? I doubt it, but they couldn't have done it better if they'd tried. One-and-a-half hours after walking into the club, I finally emerged, tired, but triumphant.

Tonight
I met J2. tonight. J2 will be my personal trainer. J2 is nothing like my ex-boyfriend, is married, and is efficient and competent. I like J2. I had my prelim session with J2. This was the part where we saw how overweight and out of shape I was. Fun, huh. I go back on Tuesday at 6 am. While I'm not looking forward to the hour, I am definitely looking forward to going back. We'll see how this works.

Well, I have to be going. I'm off to a Book of Mormon read-a-thon. I have to admit that I'm a big fan, but I'm a bit skeptical about this activity. I'm going anyway, though. It will be good for me, less I'll be behind with the challenge. Anyway, here I go.

1 comment:

ambrosia ananas said...

Reminds you of the Cali boy? Yikes.

(p.s. Hi.)