I was so happy this morning as I went to my first interview in forever. I even got my hair cut last night (and let the stylist do whatever she thought would look good). I couldn't sleep last night and kept on waking up every hour or so--just like on the night before the first day of school.
Imagine my dismay when after a three-hour interview process I basically said that I didn't want the job. Because there's a lot of training with a specific insurance-based call center job, the company does a lot of vetting of candidates to make sure that you're committed to making a career out of your job there.
I went through the whole process with a smile on my face and a growing this-isn't-great feeling at the pit of my stomach. I interviewed with the HR man again. I went through a customer-service call role play. I sat and listened to real calls for an hour (after signing a disclosure document, of course). And then, in the final interview with my the call-center supervisor and trainer, I smiled some more as I explained why I chose to stop teaching for now. And I got through the entire interview trying to convince both them and myself why this would be THE PERFECT JOB for me. Then, the final question: Do you feel you would be a good fit for this position? (or something like that, I've already begun repressing it) Next thing I know, I'm listening to myself say no that this position probably isn't for me. WHAT!?! Did that really come out of my mouth? I still can't explain it. I feel incredibly guilty as if I wasted not only 3 hours of my time, but 3 hours of theirs.
So, off I go to restart the job hunt. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment