Monday, July 21, 2008

Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere, and Not a Place to Sit

We have officially moved from STL! Sad. Things are beginning to look up, however. The living room, dining room, and kitchen are taking shape. The 2nd bedroom has become a huge storage closet for all of the classroom stuff I can't use, and our bedroom is well, our bedroom.

Dave and I have had A TON of help. My mom spent last week helping me pack all my stuff. People from STL helped us not only pack up the van, but clean my apartment since I've been so sick. The folks here had our van unloaded in an hour flat. I was impressed to say the least. Dave's brother even came down from Minnesota to help, AND my parents even traveled up here with us and took the dogs in their car. They're helping us unpack this week. Definitely blessed.

It's interesting to be in a condo that we actually own (or will in 30 years). We spent a week painting everything before we moved in, and it is personalized. I've always had white walls before, so walking around and seeing green, blue, and yellow is refreshing. The first thing that Dave did when we got here was put up my window scarf/swag/thingie. Last time we were here, he promised to, but we didn't have time or energy. Things are looking up.

2 comments:

Nonnie said...

Michelle,pls call me , I may have a ride home for Dave. i don't have your e-mail

A Smooth Stone said...

Why doesn't Nonnie just tell ME that she has a ride home for me?!? I'm in the same house right now!