Saturday, June 10, 2006

Screening Interview

I now have something else to add to my "gratitude post". I had an interview today. Granted, it was a screening interview, but this is a step in the right direction. The way the first interview goes at this district is that they ask you 10 million "what would you do if . . ." questions. The interview is recorded and done completely over the phone. It is basically nerve racking because they give you no indication during the interview about how you're doing. You could be completely bombing the whole thing and they would say thank you and go onto the next question.

The redeeming moment of the interview was when the interviewer said at the very end, "I think your interview reflected your positive teaching attitude." That's good, right?

Anyway, the evaluation of how good/bad it was depends on how who actually ends up calling me (if anyone).

2 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

I can't believe they are phone interviewing now--that is amazing. It's one thing to do a lot of narrowing down and not do a lot of interviewing in general, but to have people talk to you on the phone? That's ridiculous, seriously--they have no concept anymore of what it is like in the other chair, do they?

Good luck, I hope you hear something good regardless of the methods involved.

ambrosia ananas said...

Congrats on getting an interview.