So, I heard back from School 1 today. It turns out that, well, I didn't get the job. The most daunting part was getting the phone call where I felt more like consoling the principal, who was trying to sputter out the fact that they were "going in a different direction" and "not picking up [my] option." That's right. I felt like comforting the woman who was trying to repair the shreds of self-esteem I had left.
Strangely enough, I felt good about this failure. There are times when I'm interviewing that I feel absolutely no connection with the interviewer, that the interview is not showing any of my amazing talents. This was one of those times. I was actually amazed in the first place that I got a second interview for this job. What would I have done if I had gotten the position? Heaven forfend.
[upstage, left, creak of another door opening]
Within an hour, School #2 called to let me know that they still had me in mind for at least an interview. They would call again to schedule next week. Hooray! This was the phone interview that I had actually felt pretty good about. Everyone start praying!
2 comments:
Good luck with the next interview!
BTW, I had trouble reading the beginning part in purple.
Love ya!
The purple was to symbolize the depth of my despair. However, if you have trouble reading it, try highlighting it with your cursor. It works. :0P
Also, thanks all for the good luck vibes!
Post a Comment