Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Update

First of all, I apologize once again for not posting regularly.

If you're wondering what's happening in my life, you're in good company. I have absolutely no idea. I move a week from yesterday to St. Louis for the summer. Yep. The word of the day is STRESSED: A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression (dictionary.com).

I am now willing to live in St. Louis or Kansas City, whichever decides to produce a job for me first. I am actively searching in STL now since KC seems to have yielded no results so far.

I told my kids today that I wouldn't be returning. I explained that I had lived away from my family for six years and wanted to be nearer to them. Responses ranged from the demand to make THEM move here for me to the boy who laid down and grabbed my leg (a born actor). Surprisingly, there were now shouts of joy or halleluia.

I think that most of all, after my friends here, I will really miss my students. I didn't realize from my P.E. teaching job last year that I could build such a bond with my students. Everytime I look at my rapidly emptying classroom. I want to cry. Unfortunately, there is not enough time. Tomorrow is dance festival and field day. Thursday, for once, we are watching a movie. The afternoon will be filled with cleaning and I have no idea what else.

Well, I have no more time to spare. I have a course to work on besides moving and getting everything else known to mankind accomplished.

For those of you still actually reading, I apologize for the lack of wit, humor, or basically any type of writing skills. I am on autopilot and humor is out the window for now. (Except for when I rock back and forth and laugh hysterically)

No comments: