How I Got to Be a County Delegate for My Precinct
So, being the good little girl that I am, when I was told to go and make sure that education got represented within my caucus meeting, I went. I have actually never participated in a caucus meeting, nor did I have any idea what to expect. Needless to say that I didn't really imagine getting elected as a county delegate for my precinct--Hmmm, how do I get myself into these things? We don't know. (Otherwise, we could prevent them.) Not that I'm upset; I'm kinda excited; I just don't know what possessed me to do such a thing.
A perk of the meeting was that a great guy from our ward was there. I got to give him a ride home. Also, I helped make sure that at least one of the state delegates is pro-education.
A disclaimer here: I wouldn't have actually gone to the caucus meeting if I didn't feel passionately about education.
3 comments:
That is SO cool! I'm just a bit confused, though. What exactly is your precinct? Like in the Bubble? What is a caucus actually? I know I've heard it before, I just don't know where?
Let's see. Precinct is like a voting precinct (I think) an area of land.
I'm going to go look up caucaus so I don't make a fool of myself.
Dude, you're part of the democratic process! That's awesome. My biggest governmental claim to fame is that I was an ad hoc (i.e., non-voting) youth member of the Salt Lake County Library Board for a little over a year.
I don't know whose bright idea it was to put a couple of teenagers on the board and give them absolutely nothing to do, but it was still cool to see all the behind-the-scenes library action and to meet the county commissioners.
Post a Comment