Friday, February 27, 2009

What's for Dinner

Dave and I have not gone shopping in at least 2 weeks. It's not my favorite thing to do since it tends to exacerbate dizzy spells. So, when I got home from a LONG day at work, I went into the bedroom to hide from dinner. I had absolutely nothing planned, so I improvised.

The "All You Can Eat" Recipe--cause when it's gone, you've gotta go shopping
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 packet taco seasoning (or use this recipe like I do, I would double this recipe)
  • 1 jalapeno from jar
  • 1 pkg. frozen corn (cooked for half the time called for in microwave)
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning cheese (or cheddar, or Mexican cheese, etc.)
  • 2 c. cooked rice
  • 1 jar salsa (optional)
  1. Brown ground beef and onion and rinse.
  2. Add taco seasoning mix and jalapeno and let simmer for about 4-5 minutes while par cooking corn.
  3. Add rinsed black beans and corn, and stir.
  4. Serve over cooked rice topped with cheese. Optional salsa on the side.
One quick and easy dinner. Now, we're off to go shopping.

No comments: