Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Best Valentine's Day Ever

Yesterday was Valentine's Day; however, if you were one of the few people who didn't know this, you're probably in trouble right now anyway, so I don't have to tell you. Anyway, this is the third Valentine's Day Dave and I have celebrated together, and I think it was the best one yet.

Year 1, Dave and I are dating and about to get engaged. Pretty unmemorable Valentine's Day. This is okay with me. I have told Dave that I don't want flowers or chocolates on V-Day. That day, they're a rip-off. Now, any other day is fine. Please, get me flowers; buy me chocolate; but not that day. I do remember ALMOST getting an engagement ring, but the one I saw on Craigslist (we were poor, people) wasn't what I thought it was, so we decided not to get it, putting of our engagement a couple of weeks.

Year 2, another unmemorable Valentine's Day.

Year 3, this year, I like having Valentine's Day on Saturday. It is wonderful to get to sleep in. Dave made me biscuits and gravy with heart-shaped biscuits--from scratch. We lolled around the house until I discovered we were on our very last roll of toilet paper, off to Hy-vee. Dodging around the Valentine's Day husbands, we decided to have lunch. It was 2 by then, so it was past time, and I was starving (and crabby). So, Dave has the chinese food he LOVES, and I get the salad bar. This is one thing I actually like about Hy-vee. They have an all-you-can eat salad bar with pineapple--one of my favorite things in the world. After two plates of pineapple and a couple more of other things, we were off, got the tp, and started home. The best part of the trip was walking there and back. We live within walking distance, but we rarely do--who wants to carry milk and tp home. Dave convinced me, and I'm glad we did. It's nice being able to just walk with Dave.

I spent most of the day knitting. I have several projects that needed to be done weeks ago. Dave worked on various things, including housework. I love my husband. Dinner was the best part. Dave was napping and I was cooking. I nipped into the bathroom and dressed up. I called to Dave, and he finished most of dinner. I set the table, lit the candles, and we were ready for our romantic dinner: sloppy joes, beans, and french fries. Yep. This is why I love Dave. It was the best day ever. Probably unmemorable, and I'll forget this all by next year, but I LOVED this Valentine's Day. I win.

1 comment:

The Wehrmeister's said...

you won't forget by next year, because you blogged about it. Blogging is a great way to not forget things that would otherwise not be remembered