Tuesday, November 04, 2008

***Warning***Spoiler Below

Today, I became a spoiler. Yep, me. You got it. How? I voted. Except, instead of taking my time when coloring in the dots, I got a little hasty and colored in too many. This meant that I needed an entire new ballot--I had created a spoiled ballot.

I went to the election folks, and they went over their pamphlet checking to make sure they did everything correctly. I tore the corner off my ballot, wrote spoiled across it, tri-folded it, placed it in its own envelope, wrote spoiled across the envelope, and then placed that envelope into yet another one.

And then, I began again, more carefully this time. I won't tell you who I voted for. Like Dr. Lyman Hall of Georgia, I believe that my private political views are, well, private. Ultimately, I'm just glad I got to vote, even if I did attempt to mess it up.

5 comments:

Petie said...

Oh man, that sucks, but it happens. I love how whenever anything "happens" at polling place it takes 3 people to look things up and agree on what needs to be "done".

Nonnie said...

I could just see you going through this process.You so do not enjoy being in the limelight !! Pink cheeks,I bet,huh?

The Wehrmeister's said...

Saltpeter

-John

Snow Whiteley said...

Pins

--Abigail

Unknown said...

Sit down, John!

--Congress

(No, not THAT kind of Congress. Silly rabbit.)