Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Argh.

So, even though I haven't exactly seen the new P&P yet, I still had enough faith to buy it--or I would have bought it if I could have gotten my hands on it. I went to Wal-mart this morning to buy the widescreen version and lo and behold, it was not in yet, only the full screen. So, I sweet talked the guy there into holding one for me (not an easy task believe me). Needless to say, I was a bit surprised when I returned later to find my copy sold to the masses. Yep, apparently, after my newly-made friend had gotten off work, the manager had made the staff put back all copies being held. I got there at 5 pm to find only a couple of copies of the full screen left.

I am still somewhat undaunted at this point. Three stores and six phone calls later, I quit. No P&P for me in the foreseeable future.

Sniff. Only in Utah county. Only in Utah county.

4 comments:

Snow Whiteley said...

Poor thing!!! I only had to go to two stores.

So, I would most definitely complain to the mean Walmart guy.

Arg!!!

Unknown said...

Have you tried any stores in Salt Lake County? It may be scary to venture outside the Bubble, but it'll be good for you. Promise.

AmyJane said...

They're all gone?!?!?! How can this be? I just saw the flick last night at the dollar movies. Loved it. A lot. And I'm pretty loyal to the A&E Colin Firth version. I was toying with stopping by Walmart for it on my way home but I guess that's just out of the question now. Blech.

Michelle W said...

Well, I considered leaving the bubble, but it was just too much to ask too fast.

--Update--
I finally got it! I went to Wal-mart at 7 a.m., and they had the wide screen version. Miracle of miracles!