While getting ready to leave for the family history center (Dave had volunteered to man it today). I heard the most peculiar noise. Water was running and dripping in the kitchen. Now, normally, this is a good thing; it means Dave is doing dishes. This time, however, no one was in the kitchen. Yep. There was water running down the inside of our walls, coming out the electric sockets and dripping down beneath our sink--all coming from the apartment above us.
Dave ran upstairs to ask the neighbors what happened and to tell them to stop running any water. I hurried and turned off our power. The neighbors upstairs had ran some drain-o through their sink, which appears to have finished off an already corroded pipe. Dave called the emergency number of our condo association, and someone has come out to look at it. They're not sure when they can get a hold of the condo board so that someone can get it fixed. In the meantime, the neighbors are not supposed to run any water. I'm not taking any bets that this will happen, but we've offered to let them use our bathroom/shower/etc.
3 comments:
Wow! Water out of the electric sockets? That is pretty scary. I hope things get fixed fast for ya!
We're working on it. The plumber is on his way to the apt. above us as soon as they answer their phone and tell him they're there. We're practicing patience.
Well that sucks! Water damage is the worst. I hope they can get it fixed fast. Sounds like lots of work to be done. Keep the posts coming. I love seeing what you guys are up to.
Post a Comment