I'm engaged!!!
Friday night, the guy I've been dating since July asked me to marry him! Yep. I'm very excited. (Hence all of the exclamation pts.!!!!!!)
I went to his apartment at 7 p.m. Friday night, knocked on the door, and no one was there. I called him, "I'm here, where exactly are you?" He claimed he was taking a walk, and I could pick him up in front of the fountains (where we went and talked for hours after our first date).
I got to the fountains in just a couple of minutes, but he wasn't there. Another phone call, and I went to the bench we spent our first date on. Nope. Not there either. I begin to call him again when I get a text message (no, it's not what you think, thankfully. He didn't propose with a text.) The message said to follow the candles. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the candles. Another text helped me find the candles. I followed them to a bridge.
When I got to the bridge, no guy--just a poetry book with the engagement ring underneath. I opened to the bookmarked page and began to read. Beautiful, wonderful poem, still no guy. I got to the last line, and hadn't quite finished reading it, when two ducks got startled and flew above me. Guy snuck up behind me (he had been laying (lying?) down flat on a part of the bridge that I couldn't see.
Guy: "You're supposed to say 'Aw' when you finish, so I can know you're done."
Me: "I actually have to finish first."
I finished the poem, and the amazing man knelt down and asked me to marry him. I obviously said yes. (since your reading about this now)
Our date is set for July 7 this summer. I can't wait!!!!
9 comments:
That's awesome! Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Congrats! What an amazing story!
So, I think you should update your blog now that it's June. :)
How are wedding plans?
So, now that you'll have been married a full month in three days, time to update the blog.
Since Michelle is not updating her blog, we should let you know that she was married on July 7th 2007 and she must be "too busy" to update her friends.
So, now you have spam and I'm guessing you haven't been here for a while.
Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment